Monday, November 1, 2021

Second Operation

The second operation took place Saturday. The tumor was attached to the lung and chest wall so there was more lung resection and removal of tissue from the chest. The incision was the same as the last time, the surgeon opening the chest at the same place.

It’s Monday afternoon as I write this, happy to be out of the hospital. This time around I didn’t need the opiates as much as before and so feel more clearheaded. I have a variety of pain-management drugs which should work just fine.

I’m hoping to be back on my feet in a few months and looking forward to going skiing. I’m so happy to be home. A hospital stay makes sitting on the couch watching television seem like a luxury vacation.    

2 comments:

  1. Yay for “luxury vacations.”;) I’m happy to hear your surgery went well and that you’re relaxing at home. Now time to heal and recover, which I hope won’t be too tedious for you. Good luck on your healing; I’ll be checking back here for the latest news. Welcome home my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has Stuart improved his skills as a therapy cat? One can only hope. Happy healing. I shall reach out to arrange road trip as you feel able and interested.

    ReplyDelete